To deactivate your Instagram account, you can follow these steps:
1. Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and go to the Instagram website.
2. Log in to your account using your username and password.
3. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner to go to your profile page.
4. Click on the gear icon next to the “Edit Profile” button and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
5. In the Settings menu, scroll down and click on “Privacy and Security”.
6. Under the “Account” section, click on “Edit Profile”.
7. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Temporarily disable my account” link.
8. A pop-up window will appear, asking you to provide a reason for disabling your account. Select a reason from the dropdown menu.
9. Enter your password in the provided field.
10. Finally, click on the “Temporarily Disable Account” button.
Your Instagram account will now be deactivated. Please note that deactivating your account is temporary, and you can reactivate it by simply logging back in with your username and password.