A 3-point slinger is a camera strap that crosses your body from one shoulder to the other and connects to the camera, typically at the base.
With the help of a 3-point camera sling, you may carry your camera without using your hands, allowing you to do things like ride a bike or operate machinery while doing so.
3 Point Slinger For Cameras – List Of Best 3 Point Camera Slingers In 2022
Popular YouTubers like Francis Cade frequently ride their bikes while using 3-point camera slings; the cushioned shoulder straps make it a pleasant way to carry larger cameras as well.
The 3-point slinger may be swung around to the front of your body and the camera can be raised to your face when there is something worth recording on camera or filming.
By inserting a 3/4″ screw into the hole typically used for a tripod base plate, a 3-point slinger is typically fastened to the bottom of the camera.
Best 3-Point Slingers for Camera Users
1. BlackRapid Slingers | Best Overall
Action sports photographers and anyone else who prefers 3-point slinger camera straps to a traditional shoulder strap can choose from a variety of Blackrapid models.
The main advantage is that the pad stays on your shoulder and the camera glides down the sling, up to your face. BlackRapid refers to them as “camera slings,” describing them as one of the most comfortable camera straps on the market.
BlackRapid 3-point slingers for cameras come in three different models:
- BlackRapid Breathe Sport
- BlackRapid Curve Breathe
- BlackRapid Double Breathe
2. Waka Rapid Camera Shoulder Strap | Best Budget
If you can’t afford the BlackRapid 3-point slinger for camera options, this Waka Rapid is the next best thing. It’s also great value for money, coming in at a fraction of the cost of the aforementioned camera straps.
A storage pouch on the pad is excellent for carrying memory cards and a spare battery or two, and a front quick-adjustment pull clasp allows you to quickly shorten or extend the camera strap to your specifications.
The pad also has anti-slip padding, same as the BlackRapid straps.
3. Altura Photo Camera Strap
Altura is well-known for producing outstanding and reasonably priced camera slings. They also provide a terrific 3-point slinger for camera enthusiasts, which is very reasonably priced.
The Altura shoulder strap also has a useful secret storage pouch with zipped pocket for storing extra memory cards, batteries, and chewing gum! There is additional anti-slip padding under the main shoulder pad, which ensures that the strap and your camera stay in position even when you move.
A 3-point slinger is ideal for carrying a camera while doing activities like rock climbing, cycling, or even brisk walking, and the Altura is a great way to get started.
The Advantages of Using 3-Point Camera Slingers
I’ve been using a BlackRapid Breathe 3-point slinger for camera for years and couldn’t be pleased with its performance.
I also have a few additional camera straps that I switch around depending on the camera I’m using and what I’m shooting.
The following are the advantages of employing a 3-point camera slinger:
- You simply slide them around your body and lift up the camera.
- Stays out of the way – by tightening the strap, you can wear the camera on your back.
- Because your hands are free, the 3-point slinger is ideal for activities that require you to utilise your hands.
- Bottom attachment makes sense because you naturally rotate your camera up to your face when you hold it.
- Comfortable for larger loads – ideal for cameras equipped with huge telephoto lenses
How to Use a 3-Point Slinger for Camera
- Place the strap over your head and the pad over your non-dominant shoulder.
- Screw the base attachment into your camera’s bottom.
- Lock the buckle under your shoulder and adjust the strap to a snug but comfortable length.
- Adjust the length of the main strap.
- Attach any additional safety straps to the carabiner or another loop on your camera.